Affichage de 3 résultats

Notice d'autorité
Queen's University Archives Collectivité

Queen's University. Office of the Vice-Principal Finance

  • CA QUA11066
  • Collectivité
  • 1965-1977

The position of Vice-Principal Finance began in 1965 during a reorganization of the administration of the University due to rapid growth at the time. The role of Vice-Principal Administration was examined, resulting in the transfer of all financial aspects of the University from it to form the Vice-Principal Finance position. The first Vice-Principal Finance was Lawrence G MacPherson in 1965. MacPherson retired on September 30 1971, and succeeded by David H. Bonham in October 1971. Another reorganization of the University's administration in 1976 resulted in the Vice-Principal Finance David Bonham to assume additional responsibilities for personnel and staff liaison, purchasing and food services, university information systems, and capital development and financing. In 1977, Bonham resigned and Richard J. Hand was appointed to the role. However, at this time, in order to reflect the additional responsibilities to the position, the name was changed from Vice-Principal Finances to Vice-Principal Resources.

Queen's University. Office of the Vice-Principal Resources

  • CA QUA11065
  • Collectivité
  • 1977-1995

The office of VP Resources was first formed in December 1977 when Richard .J Hand succeeded David Bonham. It was previously known as VP Finance. This change in name was intended to reflect a greater attention to both human resources along with finances. At the reorganization of the offices of Vice Principals in April 1976, there had been a transfer of certain administrative functions (personnel, purchasing, computing and capital development) to the VP Finance. But when Richard Hand succeeded Bonham, he asked for a change in the name of the office to reflect the emphasis he wished to give it. David Bonham returned to the position of VP Resources in 1984, a position that he held until 1988. At that time, Rod Fraser became VP Resources, and the office took on additional responsibilities for personnel and staff liaison, purchasing and food services, university information systems, and capital development and financing. During a major reorganization in 1995, the office of VP Resources was eliminated.

RCAF Station Kingston

  • CA QUA11057
  • Collectivité
  • 1940-1945

RCAF Station Kingston was a World War II air training station built in 1940 at Collins Bay near Kingston, Ontario, Canada. The station was originally built by the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) for use by the Royal Air Force (RAF). Like other RAF schools in Canada, it was subject to RCAF administrative and operational control. No. 31 Service Flying Training School (SFTS) was the first British Service Flying Training school to be established in Canada and the first flying training school at Kingston.In 1942, the school formally became part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan. In 1944 No. 31 SFTS was merged with the RCAF's No. 14 SFTS when this school was transferred to Kingston from RCAF Station Aylmer. No. 14 SFTS closed down in September 1945.