Item 13 - Agnes Etherington Art Centre

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Agnes Etherington Art Centre

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

CA ON00239 F02632-S4-f15-13

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [196-?] (Creation)
    Creator
    Willis, D.G. (Mike)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 photograph : col. slide ; 5 x 5 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

([192-?]-)

Biographical history

Following his honorable discharge from the Royal Canadian Navy at the end of World War II, D.G. (Mike) Willis ran his father's store in Seeley's Bay until 1959, when he operated an aerial photography company known as Rideau Aerial Photography, in partnership with his brother-in-law, Jack Wyatt. He did much contract and commercial work. His business took him down to the Maritimes and out to Western Canada, although much was concentrated in Eastern Ontario. Flying mostly out of Seeley's Bay, a small town approximately twenty minutes north of Kingston, his aerial images provide a stunning and detailed record of an area from Belleville to Brockville to Smiths Falls in particular, and includes all points in between. Although now retired, D.G. (Mike) Willis is still active in a number of personal pursuits, including a detailed study of the archaeological record of the region around Kingston, and the local lapidary association.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Angled view of the front of the Agnes Etherington Art Centre.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

D.G. Mike Willis., 1999.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Transparency was originally part of the D.G. Willis Fonds.

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

The original Etherington house was acquired by Queen's University in 1956, with the addition being built in 1961-1962.

Conservation

Conservation code: 1

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Description created on 1999-11-22. Last updated 23/04/2013. Archivist: Stewart Renfrew.

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Location

  • Folder: V28 B-Agnes-14