Fonds F01202 - Domino Theatre Inc. fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Domino Theatre Inc. fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00239 F01202

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1953-2012 (Creation)
    Creator
    Domino Theatre Inc.

Physical description area

Physical description

6.49 m of textual records, ca. 1200 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1953-)

Administrative history

In 1953, Valerie and Gordon Robertson founded a group interested in drama and bringing live theatre to Kingston. At first the group was known as the Domino Players, then as the Domino Theatre of Kingston, and finally as Domino Theatre Incorporated. The first play produced by the group was In Camera, presented at a local movie theatre between films. In 1963 they obtained a warehouse and converted it into a theatre before formally opening in 1965. By that date the group had produced fifty-three offerings including seven Shakespearean plays and six childrens' presentations. In June of 1964 they had their first adult summer theatre school. They have won many awards in both the Eastern Ontario Drama Festival, and the Dominion Drama Festival. In addition, a number of their members have become professional actors and actresses or established other companies elsewhere.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of correspondence; minutes; business records; scripts; news clippings; photographs; playbills; programmes; posters; and newsletters covering the history of the Theatre since its commencement in 1953.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated by the Domino Theatre. Donated by P. Beharriell and the Estate of P. Beharriell.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

2026.3
2041
2240.4
5035.1
5059.1
5065.3
5078.6
5079.7
5079.8
5109.3
5117.1
5142.2
F3 A2.1 003
F3 A3.2 003
Map 74
2999 (Domino)

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Copyright provisions may apply. Please consult with an archivist.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Location

  • Shelf: 2026.3
  • Shelf: 2041
  • Shelf: 2240.4
  • Shelf: 5035.1
  • Shelf: 5059.1
  • Shelf: 5065.3
  • Shelf: 5078.6
  • Shelf: 5079.7
  • Shelf: 5079.8
  • Shelf: 5109.3
  • Shelf: 5117.1
  • Shelf: F3 A2.1 003
  • Shelf: F3 A3.2 003
  • Map cabinet: (302) Map 74
  • Folder: 2999 (Domino)
  • Shelf: 5142.2