Item is a copyprint of Market Street. It is part of a stereoscopic view of Market Place, looking west from the attic of City Hall. View includes Browne and Harty, grocers; B. Fitzpatricks Hotel and the British Empire Hotel.
View of the Orangemen's Arch on Princess Street, between King and Ontario Streets which reads "OUR GOD, OUR COUNTRY AND OUR QUEEN.1690". The Arch of Welcome was erected by the Orange Order for the visit of the Prince of Wales.
Item is a photograph of King Street. It is a view looking north along King Street from north of Earl Street. To the right is the edge of former town property of J.S. Cartwright; next is the Bank of Montreal which later became the Frontenac Club; then the Commercial Bank (which is now Empire Life Building). In the distance is the clock tower of the King Street wing of City Hall which burned in 1865. At the far left of the photograph is Saint Georges' steeple and 224-226 King Street E.
Item is a photograph of King Street. It shows the Arch of Welcome to Portsmouth on King Street at the Penitentiary. Erected in 1879 in honour of the visit of the Governor-General the Marquis of Lorne and his wife Princess Louise. There is a horse drawn streetcar in the foreground.
Item is a photograph of King Street, it is a view looking south along King Street from Market Square. View includes J.Geo. King, Druggist; R.H. Toye, Baker at 302 King Street; the Masonic Building and Waddingtons.
View of the north side of Princess Street, between Bagot and Montreal Streets, decorated for Queen Victoria, Jubilee. Store fronts shown include Rees Brothers Bazaar, J. Routley's Tobacco and Sportsman Supplies at 173 Princess; H. Skinner and Company, Wholesale Druggists at 169-171 Princess Street and Powell Photographer at 163-165 Princess Street.