Item 14 - Old Fort Henry.

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Old Fort Henry.

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • [Copied ca. 1990] (originally created 1917) (Creation)
    Marrison, Guthbert Esmond

Physical description area

Physical description

  • 1 photograph : b&w ; 25.4 x 20.4 cm
  • 1 photograph : b&w negative ; 35 mm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Biographical history

Guthbert Marrison was a photographer who worked out the Henderson Studio at 92 Princess Street in Kingston, Ontario.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Elevation of Fort Henry from a view taken in a south easterly direction from Point Frederick.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Received from the Public Archives of Canada #C-43235


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access


Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


General note

Also have two copies in Duplicate File.

General note

Located on the eastern side of the Cataraqui River, opposite the City of Kingston. The actual first fort was built of logs with great fortifications being added during succeeding years until 1820. In 1832, the existing Fort Henry was demolished and a larger sturcture was completed in 1836. Restoration work was begun in 1936 and completed Aug.1, 1938.

Physical description

A copy negative of this image is available.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions



Level of detail


Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Description created 8/29/2002.

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres


  • Folder: V23 MilB-OFH-14