File f5 - Photocopies of "Spring Walks"

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Photocopies of "Spring Walks"

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1853-1854 (Creation)
    Barker, Edward John

Physical description area

Physical description

1 folder of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Biographical history

BARKER, EDWARD JOHN, doctor, publisher, and editor; b. 31 Dec. 1799 at Islington (now part of London), England, son of William Barker and Margaret Greenwood; m. first in 1821 Elizabeth Phillips (d. 1859), and they had 13 children; m. secondly 8 May 1868 Ellen Griffiths; d. 27 April 1884 at Barriefield, near Kingston, Ont.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This file consists of typescripts and copies of the following walks: 5 April 1853-Commercial importance of Kingston; individual steamers, approximately 940 words; 6 April 1853-Waterfront: misc., approximately 1300 words; 7 April 1853-Waterfront: Quinte Wharf & Steamers, approximately 1220 words; 8 April 1853-Kingston: lack of Concert Hall; Market Tolls, approximately 1080 words; 13 April 1853-Waterfront: wharves, steamers & shippers, approximately 1350 words; 16 April 1853-Hotels; steamers; brief profile of Cape Vincent, approximately 1320 words; 13 April 1854-The Grand Trunk: its works at Kingston Mills, etc., approximately 1755 words; 17 April 1854-Mr. Counter’s Ship Yard & Marine Railway, approximately 1190 words; 21 April 1854-The hotels and saloons of Kingston, approximately 1980 words; 24 April 1854-Hatter’s Bay “and thereabouts”, approximately 1480 words; 27 May 1854-Waterfront: wharves & wharfingers; proposal re small bay north of Cataraqui Bridge, approximately 2110 words; 6 May 1854-The sights of Kingston, approximately 2150 words; 15 May 1854-The manufactories of Kingston, approximately 1720 words; 19 May 1854-Waterfront: the steamboats, approximately 2200 words.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Location (use this to request the file)

  • Folder: 2158, Box 1, File 5