Item 2 - Prince George Hotel

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Prince George Hotel

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • [ca. 1984] (Creation)
    Blenderman, R.

Physical description area

Physical description

1 print : lithograph ; 14.4 x 19.7 cm.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Biographical history

R. Blenderman was a painter based in Kingston, Ontario.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Sketch of the Prince George Hotel which was published as part of a calendar.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Transfer by Queen's University Archives, Queen's University at Kingston, Ontario, 4 September 2001.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access


Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


General note

Prince George Hotel, 200-204 Ontario Street, is located at the corner of Clarence and Ontario Streets. "The site on which it stands was granted to Loyalist Lawrence Herchmer, who, in 1809, built a small stone house here as a private residence. In 1816 he enlarged it, making provision for a store. His son-in-law, John C. Macpherson, extended the house at the area along Market Street in 1847, providing shops and warehouses and leasing them to W.H. Alexander. Alexander converted the premises into a hotel, which was known under a variety of names until 1918 when it became the Prince George Hotel. In 1978 the hotel was completely renovated and restored in late Victorian architecture by owner Patrick Rousseau." (taken from page 62 of 'Kingston Splendid Heritage').


Conservation code: 1

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions



Level of detail


Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Description created 09/10/2001. Last updated 06/04/2018. Archivist: Stewart Renfrew.

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Location (use this to request the file)

  • Folder: V23 ComB-Prince George-2