Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Willis, D.G. (Mike)
Physical description area
1 photograph : col. slide ; 5 x 5 cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Following his honorable discharge from the Royal Canadian Navy at the end of World War II, D.G. (Mike) Willis ran his father's store in Seeley's Bay until 1959, when he operated an aerial photography company known as Rideau Aerial Photography, in partnership with his brother-in-law, Jack Wyatt. He did much contract and commercial work. His business took him down to the Maritimes and out to Western Canada, although much was concentrated in Eastern Ontario. Flying mostly out of Seeley's Bay, a small town approximately twenty minutes north of Kingston, his aerial images provide a stunning and detailed record of an area from Belleville to Brockville to Smiths Falls in particular, and includes all points in between. Although now retired, D.G. (Mike) Willis is still active in a number of personal pursuits, including a detailed study of the archaeological record of the region around Kingston, and the local lapidary association.
Scope and content
Angled view of the front of Richardson Hall.
Immediate source of acquisition
D.G. Mike Willis., 1999.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Transparancy was originally part of the D.G. Willis Fonds.
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Richardson Hall was built in 1954.
Conservation code: 1
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Description created on 1999-11-22. Last updated 23/04/2013. Archivist: Stewart Renfrew.