Item 18 - Saint George's Cathedral, Anglican (1862- )

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Saint George's Cathedral, Anglican (1862- )

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • [193-] (Creation)
    Nagle, Kevin T.

Physical description area

Physical description

  • 2 photograph : b&w ; 25.3 x 20.3 cm
  • 2 photographs : b&w negatives ; 12.5 x 10 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1928-29 Nov. 2003)

Biographical history

Kevin T. Nagle worked with Queen's Television at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario. Born in 1928, he was married to Alice Eleanor Gordon. He passed away on 29 November 2003 in Kingston.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Two views of construction work being done on the clock tower at St. George's.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Kevin Nayle


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access


Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


General note

Saint George's Church was started in 1825 to replace a smaller one of the same name. It was a rectangular building of stone designed by Thomas Rogers. It was enlarged and the front wall was built in 1846 when the portico and clock tower were added. In 1891 it was again greatly enlarged and a dome similar to St. Paul's in London was added. After the fire of 1 January 1899, architect Joseph Power added the Johnson Street portico and covered the roof and dome in copper. In March 1862, Saint George's became a Cathedral.


Conservation code: 2

Physical description

A copy negative of this image is available.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions



Level of detail


Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Description created 22/03/2000. Last updated 23/04/2013. Archivist: Stewart Renfrew.

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres


  • Folder: V23 RelB-St. George's Cathedral-18