Title and statement of responsibility area
Tete de Pont Barracks
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
- 1 photographs : b&w ; 20.3 x 25.4 cm.
- 1 copyprint : b&w ; 10 x 12.5 cm.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
Item is a photograph of an archway entrance to Tete de Pont Barracks with cannon on top of archway.
Immediate source of acquisition
Copied from an original glass plate negative.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Also have copynegatives (35mm.)
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Have contact prints in Duplicate File.
The original fort on the site was a wooden fort built in 1673 by Louis de Buade. Later, the forts first Commandant, Robert Cavelier de la Salle, changed the walls to stone. In 1845, Fort Frontenac was replaced by barracks known as Tete de Pont Barracks.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Description created 8/29/2002.